Friday, October 12, 2012

Reputation, Mounts, and Pets

Oh man, oh man, oh man! Not only have I not been doing personal updates, but I'd like to take note of the things happening in World of Warcraft! Note, I'm not a professional news media person. Nor am I a news media person of any sort. Most all of these things (Okay, all of them) are things I've read off of MMO-Champion, which always has its latest news article right there to the left of my posts.

Earning reputation with various factions has long been an important part to World of Warcraft and as time has gone on, we've made tweaks and changes to the system to make it more interesting and to give players access to unique items. For example, we recently hotfixed the game to apply a change to some reputation items which you can read about in our recently updated blog that allows players to purchase certain items much sooner. And we're not done!

Coming in a future patch, earning reputation is going to become much more fluid. Basically, once one of your characters has reached at least Revered reputation with a faction, all other characters on the same Battle.net account will then earn reputation with the same faction at twice the rate. Going one step further, and as an added bonus, your main character who reached Revered will also begin to earn double the reputation as he or she climbs to Exalted.

Here's a simplified break down:

Any single character earns Revered reputation with a faction
All other characters on the Battle.net account begin to earn double reputation for that one same faction
The Revered character earns double reputation as he or she works toward Exalted
???
Profit

We’ll keep you posted as this change is closer to being implemented. In the meantime, we’d love to hear your feedback!

Well! I've been thinking about how I want to handle my army of level 85 characters. Hey, don't judge, I've been playing since vanilla, I've had a lot of time to perfect the art of leveling and fail to subdue my alt-itis. With this, I think I will be putting off leveling any of my characters in Pandaria until this patch hits. A handful of my reputation farms might also be stopping on my main at Revered until this new system is implemented, depending on how long it takes and if the revered to exalted boost for the main character is going to be officially part of the new system.

This is a good thing for me because I don't want to get burned out on leveling, reputation grinding, or anything of the sort. And, with only one character on my main's server (potentially two. I'm torn between my Mage and my Shaman for who will be moving my gold to pay Kaless for the Panthers), this news puts a good lull in the game progression for me. It's hard for me to stop, back up, and just enjoy the game for what it is, but I have been! I really, really have been! Playing the same character for a month or two as my only level 90 will do me good.


The 150 mount achievement meta mount is coming in 5.1! It's a Jade Kite!

Oh my. Horde side, I'm sitting at 135 mounts without counting the two freebies of having a Horde Paladin. I'll be getting the three Cloud Serpent mounts as soon as I have the gold (+3). I've already ordered up two more Panther mounts (+2), and I am planning on buying a Red Drake soon (I've never done that. +1). That means I have 143 phantom mounts right now. Go go rep farm!


And last but not least...

A new item has been introduced that can be used to upgrade the quality of Battle Pets: Battle-stones.
Battle-stones are available in two basic types, general purpose Battle-stones that can be used to upgrade the quality of any pet, and family specific Battle-stones, which can only be used to upgrade pets of a specific pet family.
Battle-stones are available in two qualities: Flawless Battle-stones can upgrade pets directly to Rare quality, while Polished Battle-stones will upgrade a pet to Uncommon quality.
Players will have a very small chance to obtain a general purpose Flawless Battle-stone after winning a match against wild pets; defeating higher level opponents increases the chances of obtaining a stone. These valuable items are not soulbound, and can be sold on the Auction House.
Family specific Flawless Battle-stones can be found in the Sack of Pet Supplies obtained from performing Pet Trainer quests, and are Bind on Pickup.
General purpose Polished Battle-stones can be purchased for 1000 Justice Points.

For someone like me who only has an uncommon quality version of some of the rarer capture pets, or wants to boost a pet that can't be caught (Wolpertingers are Uncommon quality! How could they do that!), it'll be a wonderful change. I'm definitely going to be looking forward to adjusting some of my wonderful pets so that they're all on that epic blue stage! Equality for all pets!

No comments:

Post a Comment