Friday, September 14, 2012

Mercy

If you've read this far, you might recall I mentioned Deth'tilac in Crisis' story. As well as many repair bills and a rez timer. You can thank my stubborn insistence on solo taming Deth. I had none of the areas unlocked at this point, so no NPCs showed up and since it was off-peak hours, I was rather alone. At least. I thought I was.

Dead. Dead. Dead. Damn it spider rez, go off! Nope, dead. Time and time again, I tried, but being extremely rusty, I'm far from the best kiter. Also being BM spec, I don't have improved traps to try out or anything like that. So I'm stuck rezzing and kiting as best as I can.

At some point, I realized that pulling him by the invisible NPCs still sets them off, and one of them drops a root. That's useful! So back and forth I kite him, patiently waiting between 2 minute rez timers and feeling rather safe that I had time. And, that time did pay off. Eventually, I get him to 18% health... all on my own. Success! Happily, I throw down another trap between us and proceed to rez and dismiss my pet... wait, where are you going Deth? Get back here! Why are you running back to your spawn point!? In aggravation, I just shoot and watch him skitter-vade back to his spawn point... and his health shoot up to full. Great. Just great.

Again, I set everything up as normal. It can't get any worse than tasting success just to realize it's just like those sugar coated candies that are sour beneath. Or is it the other way around? I'm not a fan of sweets so either way, it's unpleasant. Resigned but confident that I -can- do this, I just need to shoot him a bit more often, I try again. Around I go to the front... and what's that? An Alliance hunter? Oh no... I'm going to die. I'm just going to die. Still, I keep kiting. Maybe he ran up here to go afk. Maybe he'll just run off. But I'm expecting, completely, to die. PvP servers sure can be annoying sometimes.

Lo and behold... he summons a mini Deth'tilac and sends it after the mob I'm taming. And it dies. And again he sends and throws a concussive shot while I'm rounding another corner. Round and round we go, two spiders, two hunters, and one big angry killing machine. Again Deth falls to 18% and he stops and wishes me luck through emote. Awesome! A bit of awkward trap juggling later and I land my tame. Merrily, I ask him to /wait and go make an Alliance alt, just to thank him.

Once I was back on my hunter, I had to think about a name. Mercy. True because that was what was shown to me and ironic because I intended and still intend to use this spider for PvP encounters. Unable to believe my sheer luck, I head back to my camping point. I have Deth, what else could get in my way? Turns out my night between finding Crisis and befriending Mercy and my enemies isn't just filler, but a taming tale of its own. Involving an Alliance paladin which saw my rez sick nature and opened up... just as I saw a green spider of death barreling at me.... And not only that, but I ended up with a new name (Shade). Will my one-time sponsor of Mercy end up betraying me on accident in the future? To be continued, maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment