Friday, September 14, 2012

The Reaper

So, I just came away with Mercy and headed up the path once again. I had been trying to get back, somehow failed and went to repair my gear. Still rez sick, I dodged fire as best as I could and saw some Alliance paladin running up towards me. Knowing I didn't stand a chance, I just wanted for him to start killing me. Protection Paladins are mean suckers to fight... Just then, I notice a certain mean green heading over towards us. I gesture towards it because... well. Skarr isn't up, and this is another challenge tame! And I wanted to complete each of them at least once. The paladin pauses, gestures at the spider, then drops a stun on me. Then throws his shield at me. Smacking me around on my ram until I'm about to die... then stops and apologizes. I've got no idea what's going on, but apparently I'm not going to get ganked. So I ask him to wait and get back on the alliance toon I made to thank the other Ally.

I ask him what's up and if I'll be allowed to tame the green spider. He said he wanted to help me! We got to talking, he said that whenever he was out there, Skarr usually was. I said that I hadn't seen Skarr yet, and he wasn't up yet. Oh well, the paladin says. Maybe later. I tell him I'd like to try the tame on my own and he finally agrees, though he still seems eager on assisting me. I swap back over and begin trying to hop over rocks to the taming rock. Thing. Place. Two out of three times, I just fail and fall to my death. A few times I get onto the rock I think I'm supposed to get on, but I get killed anyway.

Up and up goes my repair bill again, but at least I waited for my rez sickness to go away first. I've got a nice fat two minute rez timer by now and this spider is still kicking my ass left and right. Again I get on the rock and try once again... and then the paladin comes up and tries to tank him. Alrighty, then. I try taming with the paladin dying. Just... spamming my Tame button. Nope, I'm dead again. Feeling bad that the paladin got himself killed, I rez on the island once again. And who just so happens to be up? A certain kitty who smacked me around just as hard as a certain spider.

With yet another new companion, I drop down to the Shade Fail Rock, die, and start looking at alternative methods, because those rocks aren't working out for me. An Alliance hunter comes up. I gesture for him to go ahead, I'm not gonna bother if I don't know what the hell I'm doin. He wanders off. Alright. Another Alliance hunter comes by... tries. Gets killed. Tries again. Gets killed. I'm just reading and letting them be... And he doesn't give lucky number three a try, he just runs off. Smart hunters don't have massive repair bills. The paladin comes up and seems confused as to where I went (remember, between rez timers and dying to Skarr, I had been gone about five minutes all told). I bring out Skarr and get an emoted grats. :3 But back to the problem at hand. Learning about the Disengage method, I situate myself, get out my Corehound, pop my lust and try again.

And with all of my latency issues, I get thrown up, toss myself back, hit Deter/Tame... He comes up to me, starts eating my face... and then decides to not kill me after all. I think that spider was up for about two hours before I figured things out.

I think my favorite part is that he is a green spider who destroys everyone around him. And my boyfriend and a group of other friends of ours have a fantasy roleplay going on. His character is a grim reaper with toxic green eyes and has power over poisons and acids. Reaper spider! He definitely got a kick out of hearing about a spider who destroyed anyone who gets near it. But I don't know if I want to name the greenie Reaper or after the character himself, Noudai. So, he remains The Reaper Spider for now. And will always be The Reaper Spider in my mind when I run across him in the wild with skeletons lining his path.

No comments:

Post a Comment