Friday, September 14, 2012

TLPD Camp Journal

August 25th, 2012
In recent TLPD news, I've now killed Vyragosa 11 times and seen her 12. A shadow priest (a very rude one if I might add. Same one who once stacked on me when I was in that spot first, whining about how she had been camping for 3 months - and I've been camping on and off for years, thank you very much - so she should be entitled to her spot) tagged and killed one of the recent ones. The other one I wanted to test how well I could disengage to safety after shooting. Only I two shot Vyragosa in the air and fell a very long way. Somehow, I lived with a good 5% health upon landing, but at least I learned two things. One: If I shoot I won't survive a fall if I get a critical hit. Two: It's perfectly fine for me to drop down anywhere once TLPD is in range, I will get tag, kill, die, and can drift back to my body on a ghost gryphon. I'm perfectly fine with paying a repair bill for a non-stolen TLPD kill.

Another interesting thing happened. I met a rogue. A very odd rogue. We started talking while he flitted around me, trying to help me find Skoll (after I insisted that I had no interest in Skoll). We talked about how to get the Tol Barad mounts and he brought up that he had gotten TLPD on his hunter! What a silly rogue, camping TLPD twice. I got to share account-wide mounts with him, saving him time and myself the grief of loosing a TLPD to someone who would get one on all of his toons next week. He still comes around now and then, not sure why.

People still stack a lot on my server. But luckily camping on the waterfall spawn point is still as quiet as ever. For as long as the zones remain unshared, I feel safe to afk from my computer without getting ganked. And maybe one of these times I go to make dinner or watch something with my bf, I'll come back to TLPD eating my face.



August 25th, 2012
Update! Another Vyragosa spawned! And... I didn't even see it at my waterfall camp site. :/ Great. Apparently the last TLPD was killed 4 days ago, so... Anytime now, it should spawn again. Sigh.



August 28th, 2012
Okay. Another update. I've decided to STOP farming TLPD >_> I've now had the thing in my dreams two days in a row. The one last night was just ungodly strange. First I found TLPD flying around. So I realized 'Cool, I can go kill it and ride it'. So I flew up on my TB drake and jumped on top of the TLPD and realized it basically turned into a Harry Potter-esque going-to-kill-you-with-fire-and-death dragon. So we flew around and I had a wand instead of a bow, so I was trying to cast spells at it. It doesn't give a shit about spells, thought. But I manage to make it crash into one of the snowy mountains and it's... tamed after that.

Then there was... something in Deepholm. Something about an Aeonaxx camper who got seriously injured and needed help getting back to Orgrimmar, so I flew out there on my new TLPD and there was someone else there trying to help, so I loaned the pair my Ironbound and Rusted Protodrakes and we flew away...

... I'm just going to go grind Nether Rays for a while. o.e



August 28th, 2012
So I decided to work on my PvP mounts (complete), my red proto (complete), and then I get the hunch to head back to Storm Peaks and fly around a bit.

Wasn't even me. But I'm glad it wasn't TLPD either. That's 13 Vyragosas, 2 TLPDs.



September 8th, 2012

I just realized fire birds don't like the snow :/ Hawky looks mad.

I'm back to trying to camp. Of course, I decided to do so when Vyragosa and TLPD are pulling another vanishing act and aren't showing up at all. I don't think I can even count on people's last sightings anymore, since the rares (should?) spawn independently depending on phase. I could be in PvP-Phase-21 or something and someone else saw it yesterday in -Phase-15. Arthas has been merged (Yay I get to have Brazillian chatter in my general. T.T), but the number of Arthas campers seems to have declined severely. What is this? 2-5 people on all day?

Aurgh.

At least some little hunter got himself Skoll while I was camping. Best of luck to him getting his next target: Loque'nahak. :3



...I'm just glad I'm not clocking my time lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment