Friday, September 14, 2012

Solo

Anyone know where I got the idea for his name?

Anyone?

No one? Solo the lion?

Watch more Big Cat Diary!

Notice how he's not as cuddly to me as Crisis is. Probably because he's a newer addition to my obsess-- ... Pack? Herd... Pride... Group... Collective. Yes. There we go. Solo plays a rather cruel part of my life sometimes. He will prowl next to me when I fish for Highland Guppies and scare the crap out of Alliance who try to gank me by setting off their own alarms. It actually stunned a shaman enough that he stopped attacking me in raw confusion. But it's his idea, not mine, I swear!

His story ties into Wish's story a little. Not my first selection for a feline, but certainly one I had shown ambition in taming one day. I have a tendency to cycle through my pets and always did like lions. The larger the pet appears next to me, the happier I feel, somehow. And the mane helps with that, added with the rolling gait, does make him appealing. That, paired with my insatiable desire to make friends with unique rare pets left me with the decision to acquire this pet. However, I was not first on my own list. Unfortunately, the person I promised to call in case I ran across Sambas was offline. So, when I saw him down below me, I ended up dropping down and everything went wrong.

Due to paranoia about losing a pet due to being attacked/helped, I start off with an attack to gain some threat... go to tame... five pets on me. And Sambas is tearing into me when I figure that little glitch out. Thankfully, I never had a reason or need to keep a Corehound after I had finished my challenge tames, or most of them that might require a lust, so one Feign Death later, I fixed that issue. Well, I had about 60-70% health left and never really read much into taming this cat. So why not drop a trap and try again?

Set up a trap, Deter/Tame macro... What's this? Not trapped? What witchcraft is this!? Confused, I nervously watch my health with Feign Death on cooldown... luckily, the Deterrence helps just enough that I manage to get Sambas with... oh... a sliver of health left.

And, after telling the tale of my cat tames, my friends now question just how much I enjoy keeping cats who have been known to absolutely thrash me.

No comments:

Post a Comment